As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, SFS continues conducting all business remotely. We are here to help you and encourage you to contact us.
We are available via email for individual student inquiries.
BUzz is available for around-the-clock answers to general inquiries about financial aid, applying for aid, and other resources.
Please direct your inquiries to the email address, associated with your school/college:
BUSM Medical students: email@example.com
Graduate Medical Sciences firstname.lastname@example.org
Goldman School of Dental Medicine: email@example.com
School of Public Health: firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing Resources: email@example.com
Our typical response time for email inquiries is 2-3 business days.
Your BU ID must be provided in your email correspondence, to access your student account. Failure to provide the BU ID may cause delays in responding to your inquiry.
Virtual Drop-In Hours
We have weekly “virtual drop-in hours” based on your school/college. Students will be met on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments are necessary. The below links will bring you to the waiting room for the drop-in session:
BUSM Medical students: Fridays 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Graduate Medical Sciences: Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Wednesdays 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Goldman School of Dental Medicine: Thursdays 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
School of Public Health: Thursdays 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Hours of Operation
Hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Mailing Address for Checks or Payments
Visitors to Student Financial Services
Our on-campus, physical offices are not currently accessible. No staff are on-campus to assist with your inquiries.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we will not offer to shake your hand. It’s not personal; it’s protocol. To minimize the spread of infectious disease, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends against shaking hands.
MAP and DIRECTIONS from within the Boston University Medical Campus building:
- Enter the School of Medicine lobby.
- Take an immediate right after you pass the Public Safety station.
- Continue down the corridor into the Evans Building then turn left at the end of the hall.
- You will see two silver elevators on your right. Pass this set of elevators.
- Next you will see a set of three elevators on the right. Take these elevators to the 4th floor.
- Turn right when exiting the elevator, then continue straight through the doorway that says “Neurosurgery.”
- At the end of the corridor, turn left.
- Our suite is located on the right side of the corridor in Room 401.