Starting Tuesday, June 15, SFS will begin limited on-campus services. Staff will also continue to conduct business remotely. Please visit this page for all scheduled updates.
We are here to help you and encourage you to contact us.
BUzz is available for around-the-clock answers to general inquiries about financial aid, applying for aid, and other resources.
Please direct your inquiries to the email address, associated with your school/college:
BUSM Medical students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Medical Sciences email@example.com
Goldman School of Dental Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Public Health: email@example.com
Housing Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our typical response time for email inquiries is 2-3 business days.
Your BU ID must be provided in your email correspondence, to access your student account. Failure to provide the BU ID may cause delays in responding to your inquiry.
Virtual Drop-In Hours
We have “virtual drop-in hours” available daily. Students will be met on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointments are necessary. The below links will bring you to the waiting room for the drop-in session (all times below are Eastern Time):
Walk-In Hours - Hours of Operation
Student Financial Services will have in-person counseling staff available in our office in Robinson B-401, during our walk-in hours:
Monday – Friday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
SFS will be closed on days listed on the Boston University Holiday Schedule
Mailing Address for Checks or Payments
Visitors to Student Financial Services
We request all students show their daily attestation badge upon entry to Student Financial Services.
All students are reminded to check their LfA status via Student Link.
All visitors to SFS must abide by the current BU Campus Visitors policy
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not offer to shake your hand. It’s not personal; it’s protocol. To minimize the spread of infectious disease, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends against shaking hands.
MAP and DIRECTIONS from within the Boston University Medical Campus building:
- Enter the School of Medicine lobby.
- Take an immediate right after you pass the Public Safety station.
- Continue down the corridor into the Evans Building then turn left at the end of the hall.
- You will see two silver elevators on your right. Pass this set of elevators.
- Next you will see a set of three elevators on the right. Take these elevators to the 4th floor.
- Turn right when exiting the elevator, then continue straight through the doorway that says “Neurosurgery.”
- At the end of the corridor, turn left.
- Our suite is located on the right side of the corridor in Room 401.