GSDM – Goldman School of Dental Medicine
Student Financial Services (SFS) provides students with tools and guidance to manage financial aid while at Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC) as well as the resources to be financially successful upon graduation. Financial aid is offered each academic year and you must re-apply annually to be considered eligible to receive aid.
- To determine eligibility for need-based funding, SFS evaluates each students income and assets. A student is considered independent for purposes of awarding Federal Financial Aid.
- In addition to federal financial aid, students maybe offered need-based institutional loan funding. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Post-doctoral students are not eligible for Boston University Need-Based Loans.
- All GSDM scholarship aid is determined by the GSDM Office of Admissions.
- To be eligible for federal and/or need-based aid, you must be enrolled with six or more credits in your degree program.
Federal Financial Aid Application Process - All Students
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Boston University school code 002130
- Available to US Citizens, Permanent Residents and eligible Non-Citizens
- Parent income data NOT required
- Non-credit based, unsubsidized loan
- Loan will vary depending on academic year and enrollment status
- We encourage students to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your IRS federal income tax information from the IRS to your FAFSA.
Once you’ve filled out your FAFSA form and received your financial aid award, make sure you stay eligible throughout the academic year—and in subsequent years. View the Eligibility page for more information.
Social Security Numbers and Your Application
Your Social Security Number (SSN) is required in order for Boston University to receive your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
When completing the AADSAS, CAAPID, or PASS for admission to GSDM, we strongly encourage you to include your Social Security Number when you apply.
If you chose not to, or neglected to include your SSN on the AADSAS, CAAPID, or PASS, you must:
- Complete the financial aid application (as outlined on this page)
- Receive your acceptance letter from GSDM Admissions
- Email email@example.com to provide our office your phone number, and time our staff can best reach you via phone
- One of our counselors will call you to receive your SSN
- DO NOT EMAIL YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
The SSN not provided on the AADSAS, CAAPID, or PASS will result in potentially significant delays in the review of your financial aid application.
If you are unsure if you included your SSN on the AADSAS, CAAPID, or PASS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify this information.
We at Boston University Medical Campus are dedicated to the security of your personal information on your financial aid application.
Incoming Applicant Financial Aid Presentations
Continuing Student Considerations
- You can check the status of your application requirements at any time on the Your Financial Aid tab on the Student Link.
- Federal financial aid cannot be disbursed unless any prior balance is $200 or less. Check your account balance on the Student Account Inquiry tab on the Student Link.
You must complete your financial aid application at least one month prior to the bill deadline in order to ensure that your financial aid is shown on your bill and to avoid late fee charges. Please contact Student Accounting Services for exact deadline dates for your program.
If you receive an outside scholarship after submitting your application, please submit a copy of the notification letter to SFS.