Your Aid & Your Bill
- File the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1, 2017. We recommend that you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information directly from the IRS onto your FAFSA.
- Incoming Medical Students ONLY-File the 2018-2019 CSS Profile. Incoming & Continuing SPH-File 2018-2019 SPH Institutional Application.
- Receive Student Aid Report (SAR) from federal processor and Acknowledgement Form from College Board (Incoming Medical only). SFS receives SAR and determines aid eligibility.
- Receive Award Notification & Accept Institutional loans.
- First time borrows must complete and submit promissory notes and entrance loan counseling.
- View your Student Account to ensure financial aid funds have disbursed
Getting Federal Stafford Loans Posted to Your Account
After you have applied and been approved for a Federal Stafford Loan, you must complete the master promissory note and the entrance counseling requirement. Both are completed online using your federal FSA ID.
If you completed your FAFSA online, you may have signed the FAFSA electronically using your FSA ID. If you have not set up your FSA ID user name and password, click on the link to create your FSA ID before completing the master promissory note.
Getting Federal GRAD PLUS Loans Posted to Your Account
After you have applied and been approved for a Federal PLUS Loan, you must complete the master promissory note to ensure that the funds will be credited to your son or daughter’s student account. The master promissory note is completed online using your federal FSA ID (the FSA PIN replacement, effective 5/10/15). If you have not set up your FSA ID user name and password, click on the link to create your FSA ID before completing the master promissory not