Presentations and Events
The financial aid process can be complicated, which is why Student Financial Services offers a variety of financial aid events available to all BUMC students. Financial aid workshops and seminars are a vital source of information for students who want to better understand every aspect of the financial aid process.
2018-2019 AAMC FIRST Friday Webinar Series
These AAMC-hosted webinars are open to the entire BUMC community. To register for any of the below sessions, please visit AAMC FIRST Videos and Webinars. If you cannot make any session, you may view any webinar session after the date of the presentation on the AAMC FIRST website.
- September 19, 2018 – The Cost of Interviewing for Residency
- October 19, 2018 – 7 Steps to Increasing Your Credit Score
- November 8 and 9, 2018 – How to Manage Student Debt During Residency
- December 7, 2018 – You Bought What? Using Behavioral Economics to Better Understand and Improve Your Financial Decisions
- January 18, 2019 – Home Financing for Graduating Medical Students and Residents
- February 22, 2019 – How the MedLoans Organizer and Calculator is Helping Single & Married Physicians Manage Their Student Loans
- March 8, 2019 – Loan Repayment and Financial Testimonials of Medical Residents
- April 19, 2019 – How Long Will it Take to Repay Your Student Loans?
- May 10, 2019 – The Current State of Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- June 28, 2019 – The Cost of Applying for Residency
- July 12, 2019 – Strategic Repayment for Graduating Medical School Students