|BUMC IT offers a central Microsoft SQL Server to support your databases needs.
|Faculty/Staff for non-personal, University needs.
- Databases are routinely protected with frequent backups, snapshots, and remote replicas.
- Servers are secured and managed centrally within a highly available cluster.
- Centrally provisioned and managed service.
- Server must be on the campus network
- Server should have at least a 100Mb connection for optimal performance
- Backup services are only reasonably viable for data less than several terabytes. Beyond that, traditional backup is impractical. (Contact the BUMC IT Service Desk for alternatives.)
- Accounts accessing database(s) on SQL Server must be in AD (or AD2)
- Jobs associated with databases cannot rely on or make outgoing connections beyond the University network.
|Contact the Service Desk for more information.