Home » Communication & Collaboration » Accounts » Special Accounts
||Some accounts are tied to special services that do not use the standard BU login name and Kerberos password or are accounts on legacy systems. Details and eligibility for those accounts are described below.
||Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments, Prospective Students, New/Incoming Students, Guests
||Each special account has its own benefits, as outlined below.
- Alumni – exclusive E-mail Forwarding for Life (EFL) services and online resources for BU Alumni
- Applicants – individual access to web-based resources for prospective students and affiliates
- Linux Virtual Lab – The Linux Virtual Lab is BU’s general purpose Linux interactive timesharing environment for use by the BU community, and part of BU’s larger Shared Computing Cluster (SCC).
- SCF/Research Computing – Scientific Computing Facilities accounts, for specialized resources in research computing and scientific visualization
- Mainframe – for authorized staff who need to perform administrative functions on the Business Link, Faculty/Staff Link, or in UIS GALAXY
- AD2 – access for Administrative Staff to certain resources on Microsoft platforms
- DataMotion SecureMail – accounts for sending and receiving secure, encrypted messages with your BU e-mail
||Unique requirements are listed on the page describing each account.
||Learn more about a special account: