- Blackboard Learn: Best Practices in Copyright Compliance
- Books in Print
- BUMC Faculty Resources
- Complete Anatomy
- Faculty Reserves
- Exam Master
- Information for Community Faculty
- Journal Citation Reports
- Krasker Film/Video
- Make a purchase request for a book or journal
- MedEd Portal
- Medical Images Subject Page
- The Medical Teacher [journal]
- Open Access Guide
Tips for Using Resources
Subject Guides A-Z
Teaching Support: Library Services
Librarians are available to provide a number of services to support course instructors, including:
- Assignment assistance: Librarians can arrange computer labs for drop-in course-integrated student training.
- Information liaison services: A Librarian can be assigned to your class to act as a point of contact for students as they navigate Library resources.
- Curriculum-integrated training: Librarians can visit your class or provide hands-on information literacy sessions in the Library computing labs.
- Faculty training: Librarians can provide training for faculty on Library resources.
- Reference services: Librarians are available M-F, 9:00-5:00, at the reference desk.
If you have questions or would like to arrange for the above services, see the contact information at the bottom of this page.
The Library provides a number of online services supporting course instructors, including:
- Subject Guides: Librarians can create subject guides to provide easy access to information resources
- Web support: Librarians can design and maintain web portals to highlight information relevant to your course and students.
- Tutorials: Librarians can design online tutorials guiding students through the search process.
- Medical Image Resources: A selection of websites featuring medical images is available from the Library’s homepage. Please be aware of copyright when using these sites.
- BUMC Library Blackboard and Reserves Page
- BUMC Library Tutorial: How to add links to Blackboard [Video]
- Using the Library Catalog to find books
- Evaluating information on the Internet
- More BUMC Library Tutorials
- Research Resources Page
- Open Access Explained
- Grants and Funding Subject Guide
- NIH Public Access Policy Information
- Copyright Resources
- PubMed ID to PMC ID Conversion Tool
- Citation Management: RefWorks
- Endnote Tutorials
- RefWorks Tutorials
Information on Copyright: