About the Library
[ Library Collections ] [ Classroom Support ] [ Online Support ] [ Library Photos ]
The Alumni Medical Library serves the faculty, staff and students of Boston University’s Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine, Goldman School of Dental Medicine and School of Public Health. Faculty, staff and students of the Boston University Charles River campus are eligible for most services.
Use the links below or contact a reference librarian at (617) 358-4810, or email@example.com for information on access, resources and services.
- About the Library Collections
- Address and Directions
- Departments and Staff Contacts
- Strategic Plan
- Mission and Vision Statements
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Alumni Medical Library offers a wide variety of resources and services supporting education on the Boston University Medical Campus.
- Print collections: approximately 20,000 books and 1,000 historical journal titles
- Digital collections: over 8,000 electronic books, approximately 6,500 online journals and 240 bibliographic databases
- Subject guides: more than 30 subject guides to electronic resources
Request that the Library purchase a resource by submitting a request for purchase.
Library Services: Classroom Support
Librarians are available to provide a number of services supporting course instructors, including:
- Assignment assistance: Librarians can arrange computer labs for drop-in course-integrated student training.
- Information liaison services: A Librarian can be assigned to your class to act as a point of contact for students as they navigate Library resources.
- Curriculum-integrated training: Librarians can visit your class or provide hands-on information literacy sessions in the Library computing labs.
- Faculty training: Librarians can provide training for faculty on Library resources.
- Reference services: Librarians are available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Email for an appointment, or visit the service desk on the 12th floor to ask for assistance.
If you have questions or would like to arrange for the above services, contact the Reference Desk: (617) 358-4810, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Services: Online Support
The Library provides a number of online services supporting course instructors, including:
- Subject pathfinders: Librarians can create subject guides to provide easy access to information resources
- Web support: Librarians can design and maintain web portals to information relevant to your course and students.
- Tutorials: Librarians can design online tutorials guiding students through the search process.
- Courseware: Librarians can help you connect library resources to your Blackboard sites.
- Medical Image Resources: A selection of websites featuring medical images is available from the Library’s resource guides. Please be aware of copyright when using these sites.
If you have questions or would like to arrange for the above services, contact David Flynn: (617) 358-4939, email@example.com.