Library Study Rooms and Pods
Reserving a Room
To reserve space in one of the Medical Library study rooms on the 13th floor, please use the Alumni Medical Library Space Availability tool (grid view) or click the ‘Book a Space’ button below (better for small screens).
- Reservations can be made by any current BU student, faculty, or staff member with a valid BU email.
- Reservations can be made up to one week in advance.
- Reservations can be made for up to 2 hours at a time for a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- If you no longer need a space you have reserved, please cancel your reservation (it will be cancelled automatically 15 minutes after the starting time if you have not checked in, but cancelling earlier if you know you will not need the space allows others more time to plan).
Please be sure to check in when you arrive! If you do not check in, your booking will be cancelled by the system and another person may reserve the space even if you are there.
The Alumni Medical Library has 10 reservable group study rooms/study pods. Rooms 1309-1313 accommodate 6 people and are equipped with dry erase boards and markers. Room 1314 accommodates 2 people and is equipped with a dry erase board and markers. Rooms 1317-1322 accommodate 1 person for individual study.
Rooms 1321 (1-person study pod) and 1312 (2-person tutor room) are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and cannot be reserved.
If the study rooms are booked, additional study space can be found by using the Medical Campus Study Space Finder.
For other needs, see also this list of Meditation and Lactation Spaces on campus.
Study Room Etiquette
Keep it down
- Please keep conversations to a reasonable noise level. The study rooms are not soundproof, so loud talking can disturb other library patrons.
Keep it clean
- Leave rooms in a clean and orderly condition. Please clean the dry erase board, clean up any garbage, and return furniture to its original position.
Keep it civil
- The room reservation system relies on everyone’s good will to function smoothly. Please be considerate of your fellow students and respect their study time as you wish them to respect yours.
- If a problem arises, do your best to work it out. If you cannot come to an agreement, contact library staff at the Circulation Desk for assistance.