BUMC Publications and Timeline
Boston Area Newspapers
- Boston Globe
- Boston Globe (Historical Archive)
- Boston Herald
The online edition of the Boston Herald.
- Wicked Local
100+ local newspapers in cities and towns in eastern Massachusetts.
Newspapers and Newsletters
- Accessible Archives
- Alternative Press Index
- Ethnic Newswatch
A full text database of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press.
- Nexis Uni (formerly LEXIS-NEXIS)
An online, full text database of current information from hundreds of newspapers, magazines, wire services, and legislation.
- Vanderbilt Television News Archive
- General OneFile Business
- Wall Street Journal (Eastern Edition)
Full text coverage Jan 2, 1984 – present, through ProQuest ABI/INFORM Global.
- Chicago Defender – Historical (1910-1975)
- LA Times – Historical (1881-1988)
- The New York Times – from Academic One File
From 1985 – present (may have a 1 day delay). If link does not go directly to the paper, search “The New York Times” as a publication title in advanced search, or go into “Browse Publications” and find New York Times. ‘Current’ means provider’s entitled coverage is based on their agreement with the NYT.
- The New York Times – from Factiva
From 1980 – present: accessible only from BU campuses
- The New York Times – Historical (1851-2013)
A searchable archive of full-text articles dating back to the first issue in 1851.
- The New York Times – Nexis Uni
- Washington Post – Historical (1877-1995)
- Washington Post – Factiva
From 1984-present: accessible only from BU campuses
- African Newspapers – Historical (1639-1922)
- International Newspapers
Links to international newspapers from the Internet Public Library (IPL)
- Times (London)
Archival coverage 1785-1985.