||BUMC IT offers a general purpose, shared storage utility to departments at the Medical Campus.
||File services (also known as the “Y Drive”) provides clients with a centrally managed, resilient data repository. By default, clients will have access to the following storage:
- Personal – Space permissioned solely for each client, see appropriate “Y” Drive usage.
- Department – A common space shared by all members of a department. Allows for sharing of content within the department.
- Project – Space for sharing data inter-departmentally based on established collaborative projects
- Secure central storage for University data and documents.
- Frequent on-line shadow copies, snapshots, and data replication protect the data and allows for retrieval of data from recent days, weeks or months.
- An AD (or AD2) account
- Presence on the University network: on campus or off campus access via VPN or TSWEB.
- Supervisor-sponsored approval
||Costs may apply for unusual storage needs.
||See instructions to connect to the Y Drive (Mac/PC) The Service Desk should be contacted by
- An individual for help connecting to or changing an existing connection
- A supervisor to sponsor new access for an employee or a guest
- A departmental administrator for consultation to add a new department to the Y Drive