Category: Service Outage
On 11/11, Microsoft released a Windows Security Update (KB3097877) that has caused connection issues between Outlook clients and the Exchange server, often resulting in an application crash. This has also been observed to affect other Office applications such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. If you are experiencing similar issues, please follow the instructions below:
- Click the Start icon or press the Windows key on your Keyboard
- Type “Windows Update” (without quotations) and click Windows Update
- If you see the message “1 important update is available”, click on “Install updates”. Let the installation run (this could take up to 10 minutes) and restart your computer when prompted by that window. Once you log back in, the issues should be resolved.
- If you do not see this message, click “View update history” in the left panel.
- In the top right, click on “Installed Updates”
- In the top right corner, in the “Search Installed Updates” field, type KB3097877 and hit enter
- Right click on update listed (“Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB3097877”) and select uninstall. Click yes when prompted.
- Let the uninstallation process run, and restart your computer when prompted.
- When you log back in, open up the Windows Update window again and select “Check for updates” in the left side-panel
- This check could take several minutes. Please be patient. When the check is complete, you should see the message “1 important update is available”. Click “Install updates” and let the installation process run.
- Restart your computer when prompted. Once you log back in, the issue should be resolved.
If you experience any issues, please feel free to contact our help desk at 617-638-5914 and one of our staff members can assist you.
The BUMC Office of Information Technology Networks Group will be performing network maintenance starting at 12:00AM and ending at 8:00AM on Sunday, November 8th.
During this time, the BUMC VPN Service as well as all centrally located BUMC servers will be unavailable.
Please note, the BU Charles River VPN Service will still be available.
The BUMC Office of Information Technology Networks Group will be performing network maintenance starting at 12:00AM and ending at 8:00AM on Sunday, October 25th.
During this time, please expect all wired and wireless network services in the locations listed below to be unavailable.
72 East Concord Street – This includes the BUMC Alumni Medical Library
80 East Concord Street
85 East Concord Street
65 East Newton Street
100 East Newton Street
615 Albany Street
771 Albany Street
780 Harrison Avenue
IS&T teams have resolved the incident with vendor assistance.
Please note: The feature used for scheduling recordings remains unavailable while IS&T teams and the vendor are determining the root cause of this issue.
Echo360 service is intermittently degraded or unavailable. Clients will be unable to schedule recordings and may have difficulty viewing existing recordings. Please check TechWeb for updates.
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Every year in early fall, SAP releases Support Packs. These software updates are required to bring our implementation of SAP up to the current support level, as well as provide the necessary payroll and accounts payable tax software updates for producing W-2’s and 1099’s in January.
The BUworks team has devised a schedule for installing the Support Packs over the Thanksgiving break. These updates are tested by the BUworks team in our test environments, and then thorough “user acceptance” testing is done by key central and distributed end user representatives. This testing will occur over the course of several weeks preceding the Thanksgiving break.
Installation of these updates into the SAP Production system takes about three days. After that, we require another day to check out the system to ensure that everything is working as expected. Access to the BUworks (SAP) system will therefore not be available starting at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, November 21 through 6:00 pm on Sunday, November 25.
Additional reminders will be provided as the Thanksgiving break approaches. The Payroll Office and Student Employment will be making changes to the November monthly and weekly payroll schedules to accommodate this work, and those changes will be communicated well in advance.
We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Adobe Connect will undergo system maintenance during the following windows:
Start: May 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM EST
End: May 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM EST
Start: May 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM EST
End May 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM EST
During the maintenance windows, the Adobe Connect system may be intermittently unavailable. If you have any questions regarding your Adobe Connect account, please contact the BUMC-IT Service Desk at 8-5914.
As communicated last week, The BUworks Employee Learning Solutions website was successfully upgraded over the weekend and is now available. I invite you to visit our new site and take advantage of the improved search capabilities and streamlined BUworks support materials. The upgrade included:
- New Portal Design – The Employee Learning Solutions website has a new simplified design and a new folder structure making it easier to browse and locate materials.
- Improved Search – Work Instructions and Quick Reference Guides can be located by searching on a keyword or transaction code and are now accessible directly from within an SAP transaction.
- Simplified Work Instructions – Support materials have been condensed and simplified allowing you to choose the level of detail you need to complete a transaction in SAP.
Click here for information on accessing online help.
We will continue to work on improving your learning experience. If you experience any issues with website or support materials, please contact the IT Help Center at email@example.com or 617-353-4357.
The BUworks Employee Learning Solutions website will be offline from Thursday, April 5, 4:00 p.m. through Monday, April 9, 8:00 a.m. as we perform planned system upgrades and introduce improved online help capabilities. During this outage you will not be able to access online work instructions, quick reference guides or simulations. Additional information on new online help and updated support tools will be communicated early next week. If you experience any issues after the system is restored, please contact the IT Help Center (Charles River Campus) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-353-4357.