- ERAS Common Application Form
- Dean’s Letter
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation (inclusive of the department letter). One letter should be from a DOM faculty member.
- Personal Statement
- Photograph (optional but preferred to track applicants after interviews)
- Official Medical School Transcripts.
- Graduates of medical schools in the US and Canada must have attended a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the US must have attended a medical school accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- USMLE transcripts (we understand that Step 2 may not be available at the time of application) from Osteopathic Medical School Graduates.
Foreign Medical School Graduate Requirements:
- All of the above listed under “Requirements.”
- US or Canadian clinical exposure of at least 4 weeks duration with a letter from a supervisor. Direct patient care experiences are heavily favored, though observerships will be considered. Our department does not arrange observerships.
- You must be eligible for a J-1 Visa sponsored by the ECFMG. We require both CSA and English language proficiency examination dates must be valid at the time of the first day of work. Participants in the “J” exchange visitor program must have sufficient funds to cover all expenses.
- H1B visas are extremely limited and only considered in rare cases.
- Graduates of medical school outside the US and Canada must meet one of the following:
- Have received a current valid ECFMG Certificate and passed the CSA examination from the Educational Commission for Foreign medical Gradates
- Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a US licensing jurisdiction.
- Completed a Fifth Pathway Program provided by an LCME–accredited medical school.
Interview and Selection Procedure:
- Interviews take place from November through January.
- Applications must be completed by November 30 to be considered for review by the Selection Committee.
- Applications will be reviewed by Selection Committee Faculty once all the requirements listed above have been received by the residency program through ERAS.
- Interviews are by email invitation only. Invitations to interview are sent through the ERAS post office by email to the applicant’s email address as indicated on the ERAS application.
- Applicants who have not met our requirements will be notified by email through the ERAS post office email system.
Application Procedure for Senior Residents (PGY2 and above):
If a senior residency position becomes available, those applicants who have completed their first year of internship will have preference. All the intern requirements listed under the Application Procedures for Internship apply to senior resident applicants.