BUSM Science Teaching Enrichment Program (STEP)
Group Email: busm.STEP@gmail.com
- Cole Hansen, email@example.com
- Hayen Guss, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Sconzo, email@example.com
- Kristin Dionne, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maya Chan, email@example.com
- Jonah Kaziyev, firstname.lastname@example.org
As a service-learning elective, BUSM STEP promotes a partnership between the BUSM community and high-school students from the Greater Boston Area. Medical students meet with a group of high school students, once a week on campus, in order to provide them with an early exposure to the medical profession. Meetings involve one-on-one mentoring, as well as programming focused on knowledge of health careers, health disparities, and disease processes. We also collaborate with physicians and residents in the Boston area to provide career exposure and interest opportunities for high school participants.
BUSM STEP advocates for students from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the academic ability, compassion, and interpersonal skills capable of facing the challenges of promoting health equity in diverse populations.