Adding or Dropping Electives
How to Schedule BUSM Electives Using the Online Add/Drop System:
- Log In Link: http://wwwapp.bumc.bu.edu/busm/eads/students
- You will see your current schedule. Click on the Schedule Change button to Add, Move or Drop an elective.
- Choose the action you would like to take for that Block.
- Add – Select the course from the drop down menu. Only those participating courses will appear. All other electives require use of the paper Add/Drop form. When finished hit the Submit Request button.
- Move – will allow you to change the elective to another time. The drop down will list only available blocks. You can cannot move into a block where a request is pending or a course is scheduled.
- Drop – allows you to remove the elective from your schedule.
- You will return to the Schedule Change screen after each action there you can track the status of your request.
- You will receive emails confirming all requests to Add, Move or Drop.
- Once the request has been approved it will appear on your current schedule and you will receive an email from the coordinator.
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine students who wish to do an elective at an institution other than an LCME accredited medical school should obtain a description of the elective from the prospective Supervisor and submit it along with an Outside Elective Approval Form to the comparable Department Head at Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine.
For further information see Class of 2023 Fourth Year Schedule Guidelines
Affiliation Agreement for Outside Elective
For clinical sites that require an affiliation agreement please have the elective coordinator contact Rebecca Halley. Her contact information is below.
Medical Education Office
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine
72 E. Concord Street, A-306A
Boston, MA 02118
P: (617) 358-7480