Researchers from Boston University’s School of Medicine and Collge of Engineering have been awared a five-year, $4.8 million National Institutes of health grant to develop a low-cost, multiplexed virus detection platform.
BUSM and BMC’s project LINC, Linking Infectious and Narcology Care, seeks to improve HIV treatment in Eastern Europe.
In its second award year, BU names BUSM faculty member, Avrum Spira, as Innovator of the Year.
Do you want to identify faculty with particular areas of expertise? This publicly accessible portal allows you to search by research area, key words, etc., and targets expertise, research core facilities and people at Boston University Medical Campus. Faculty and staff can log in (username and Kerberos password) to update their expertise summary and designate individual websites for linking to the search portal.
By logging in you can also search for equipment on the BU campus.
Let us know if you encounter problems or have suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The training will be important for everyone who is involved in human research, including faculty level investigators, research coordinators, research nurses, statisticians, etc. The go-live date for INSPIR-II is March 15. We urge you to register now to familiarize yourself with this new software.
These sessions will be offered by Mary-Tara Roth and Sylvia Baedorf Kassis from the Clinical Research Resource Office. The dates for the sessions extend from 3/2 till 3/24. Seating is limited, so register now. Click on the link below to see the dates and times of these sessions and to register:
NIH has fundamentally changed how proposals are written and reviewed. The Grant Application Writer’s Workbook (2010 NIH Version) will provide you with a proven strategy to enhance your chances of funding success.
The Workbook outlines a detailed, step-by-step approach to successfully address all of the recent changes in the NIH application format,
including how to:
- Be responsive to each of the five core-review criteria
- Write a strong Specific Aims page to catch reviewers’ attention
- Write the new Significance and Innovation subsections
- Address Background and Preliminary Studies now that they no longer constitute specific sections
- Make maximal use of the fewer pages allowed in the Research Plan
- Write the narrative for the new Personal Statement in the Biographical Sketch
- Describe how your research environment will contribute to the success of your project
- Project institutional commitment to you if you are an Early State Investigator… and more!
TO ORDER YOUR COPY, visit www.grantcentral.com
We also have Workbooks for NSF, and Any Agency. Visit our website and click on “Workbooks” for details.
Once you’re on our webpage, you may view Sample Pages and click “Add to Cart” to go to our secure ordering page. Thank you and please let us know if you have any questions or if we may be of assistance. Order your workbook online today!