Cost of Attendance (COA) Increase Request Form
This form allows Student Financial Services (SFS) to review additional educational expenses incurred during your period of enrollment. Your expenses must exceed your predetermined living allowance for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Please note the following:
- SFS provides limited increases of the COA budget in compliance with federal regulations. These expenses include:
- Monthly Living Expenses
- One-Time Computer Purchase
- Monthly Clinical Rotation Transportation Expenses
- Monthly Residence Interview Expenses
- Other Miscellaneous Education Related Expenses
- All expenses listed on the form must be supported by proper documentation. Expenses listed without supporting documentation will not be considered and your request will be denied.
- SFS cannot increase the COA budget for the following expenses:
- Vehicle purchase
- Credit card payments, collection costs and other bad debts
- Outstanding student loan payments
- Living expenses for a spouse or parent
- SFS will notify you via email within 10 business days whether or not your request is approved.
- If approved, you may apply for additional federal and/or credit based loans to cover approved expenses.
- Fourth-Year BUSM Students only:
- The 2017-2018 BUSM Residency Interview Expenses Appeal Form must be completed if the COA Increase is requested for Residency Interview related expenses.
- Fourth-Year GSDM Students only:
- The 2017-2018 GSDM Residency Interview Expenses Appeal Form must be completed if the COA Increase is requested for Residency Interview related expenses.