We accept applications for the following programs: Categorical Internal Medicine Residency, Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency, and Preliminary Internal Medicine Residency.
The application deadline is December 1.
Applications to the Boston University Internal Medicine Residency Program for a first year position (internship) will only be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC).
Additionally, we do not accept any essays or recommendation letters outside of the ERAS process.
- If you are graduating or have graduated from a U.S. Medical School, you must contact your medical school’s student affairs office or other designated dean’s office. Your dean’s office will provide you with the information and the software for ERAS. The ERAS Web Site can be located at http://www.aamc.org/.
- If you are a Canadian Medical Student, please contact the Canadian Resident Matching Service, 151 Slater Street, Suite 802, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P-5H3 Canada, or call (613) 237-0075 for ERAS processing information.
- If you are a graduate of a foreign medical school interested in applying to this program you must contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application materials and eligibility requirement. Write to : ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467, U.S.A., or point your Web browser to: http://www.ecfmg.org/eras/index.html.
Below are the NRMP match codes for our training programs:
- Categorical Track: 1257140C0
- Preliminary Track: 1257140P0
- Primary Care Track: 1257140M0
- BMC Neuro/Preliminary Track: 1257140P1
- ABIM Research Track: 1257140C1
- Combined Internal Medicine/Preventive Medicine Program: 1257751C0