Accommodations for Learning
Students who wish to request accommodations for learning at BUSM must schedule a meeting with Student Support Services.
Overview of Process
- The student schedules an initial meeting with the Office of Academic Enhancement (OAE). OAE will work with the student to ensure that proper testing documentation has been completed.
- The student will send the appropriate documentation to the Office of Disability Services on the Charles River Campus.
- The Director of Disability Services will review the student’s documentation and send recommended accommodations to the Dean of BUSM for review and approval.
- The Dean’s Office will send a letter of approval to the Office of Disability Services and the Office of Academic Enhancement.
- Office of Academic Enhancement will notify the student of the approved accommodations.
- Office of Academic Enhancement will notify the Course Directors and Clerkship Directors at the beginning of each semester of approved accommodations for students.
- Students are encouraged to initiate ongoing communication with their Course Directors and Clerkship Directors regarding their approved accommodations.
- Students are responsible for monitoring their needs as they progress through the curriculum, and communicating with the Course Directors, Clerkship Directors and the Office of Academic Enhancement.
To get started call The Office of Student Affairs Office at 617-638-4166 to schedule an appointment with Shannon Fama, Academic Enhancement Specialist.
We look forward to working with you!
- Policies & Procedures for Requesting Academic Accomodations on the Basis of Disability
- Request for Accommodations Form
- Office of Disability Services