Application and Recruitment Process
Thank you for your interest in our program.
Military applicants: Please see separate application process below.
Applicants interested in our training program need only apply through the Electronic Residency Matching Service (ERAS). Information regarding the ERAS program is available through your medical school dean’s office or through the American Medical Association.
Applications will be considered complete with the following documentation:
- For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will be participating in the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC’s ERAS program. Applicants will be required to complete the MyERAS application, and participation in the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
- USMLE scores (Step 1 & Step 2 CK)
- Personal statement (As part of your personal statement, please explain briefly [2-4 sentences] what attracts you to the general surgery program at Boston Medical Center and what you will contribute to our community.)
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter
All applications from LCME-accredited medical schools or equivalent international medical schools are considered. (Please note that if you are a foreign graduate, you must be ECFMG certified to be considered for a position in our institution).
Applications are reviewed holistically. Research experience and a broad range of extracurricular activities are valued.
The Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine/Boston Medical Center (BMC) Surgery Residency Program reserves one of its six categorical residency slots for a member of the military. Interested applicants should forward their CV, a personal statement, and an unofficial transcript of their USMLE/COMLEX scores to Lana Ketlere, surgery residency program coordinator, by Sept. 1, 2024.
For additional information, please contact:
Lana Ketlere, Surgery Residency Program Coordinator