Who are Birth Sisters?
- Approximately 20 per diem BMC Employees who speak over 10 languages and represent over 15 ethnicities.
- Women interested in helping other women during childbirth and in the early days of a new baby’s life at home.
- Trained in labor support techniques in helping women get off to a good start with breastfeeding.
- Work with your doctor or midwife as a member of the health care team.
- Research shows women can benefit: fewer c-sections, better breastfeeding, happier births