Carceral Health Coalition
- James Hudspeth, James.Hudspeth@bmc.org
- Ricardo Cruz, Ricardo.Cruz@bmc.org
- Ryan Chahal, email@example.com
- Gabrielle Caponigro, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiona Cerf, email@example.com
- Harika Dabbara, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Carceral Health Coalition (CHC) seeks to provide students with ways to learn about the health of incarcerated individuals, and advocate for the health of incarcerated patients through didactics as well as volunteer opportunities at local jails and medical parole organizations. Furthermore, CHC aims to unite students and professionals at various points in their careers in the medical, public health, social work, and law fields to create an interdisciplinary team of individuals advocating for the improved health of incarcerated patients. The ultimate goal of CHC is to provide students with exposure to the impact of the carceral system on health outcomes of patients through didactics and volunteer opportunities as well as encourage medical students to work in interprofessional teams to advocate for improvements in our patient health.