The Associate Dean for Diversity & Inclusion (AD-D&I) is seeking multiple D&I Assistant Deans. Time commitment expected includes meetings with the Associate Dean D&I and campus community members (faculty, students, staff and alumni) a few times a month and participating in BUSM Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) programs, events and activities.
No FTE will be provided. As such, candidates should already be promoting DEIA efforts in BUSM sections, departments, classrooms, centers, labs, office and communities. We are seeking individuals who are already deeply engaged in DEIA efforts who can use the additional support and resources of BUSM Diversity & Inclusion to further their goals, reach and impact.
Assistant deans will aid the Associate Dean for D&I to support the needs of specific demographics within our community, i.e., racial/ethnic, gender, abilities, sexualities, nationality, socio-economic status, first-generation, etc.
Assistant Deans will also support DEIA efforts in at least one of the following concentrations:
- DEI Education and Training: track, coordinate, design, facilitate and evaluate MD, Masters and PhD student, faculty, and staff trainings.
- D&I Research opportunities for faculty and students.
- DEI Staff Support: provide resources, support, and programming or consult on DEIA-focused workshops or training.
- BUSM faculty or staff member for at least 2 years.
- Strong record of engagement in DEIA related efforts at BUSM.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others on DEIA focused projects, while continuing their own independent professional, academic, or work activities.
- Experience in working with groups from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
If interested, send a cover letter and CV to Ashley Morrow, MPH, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, Sept. 19.