Student Financial Services (SFS) provides students with tools and guidance to manage financial aid while at Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC) as well as the resources to be financially successful upon graduation. Financial aid is offered each academic year and you must re-apply annually to be considered eligible to receive aid.
To determine eligibility for need-based funding, SFS evaluates each students income and assets. A student is considered independent for purposes of awarding Federal Financial Aid.
In addition to federal financial aid, students maybe offered merit- and need-based institutional financial aid, which may come in the form of scholarship or institutional loan funding, or both.
To be eligible for federal and/or need-based aid, you must be enrolled with six or more credits in your degree program.
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
- Boston University school code 002130
- Available to US Citizens, Permanent Residents and eligible Non-Citizens
- Parent income data NOT required
- Non-credit based, unsubsidized loan
- Loan will vary depending on academic year and enrollment status
- We encourage students to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your IRS federal income tax information from the IRS to your FAFSA.
- Assesses eligibility for need-based institutional loans/scholarships, and federal loan aid, based on your program.
- No parental income information will be requested for your application.
Continuing School of Public Health Financial Aid Applicants
Federal financial aid cannot be disbursed unless any prior balance is $200 or less. Check your account balance on the Student Account Inquiry tab on the Student Link.
You must complete your financial aid application at least one month prior to the bill deadline in order to ensure that your financial aid is shown on your bill and to avoid late fee charges. Please contact Student Accounting Services for exact deadline dates for your program.
If you receive an outside scholarship after submitting your application, please submit a copy of the notification letter to SFS.