Newspapers and News Sources
- Accessible Archives
- Alternative Press Index
- Ethnic Newswatch
A full text database of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press.
An online, full text database of current information from hundreds of newspapers, magazines, wire services, and legislation.
- Proquest ABI/INFORM
Periodicals, newsletters and publications relating to business and economics.
- Vanderbilt Television News Archive
Boston Area Newspapers
- Boston Globe
- Boston Globe (Historical Archive)
- Boston Herald (online)
The online edition of the Boston Herald.
- Wicked Local
100+ local newspapers in cities and towns in eastern Massachusetts.
- General Business File ASAP
- Wall Street Journal (Eastern Edition)
Full text coverage Jan 2, 1984 – present, through Proquest ABI/INFORM Global.
Recent health related news from a variety of wire services.
- African Newspapers – Historical (1639-1922)
- International Newspapers
Links to international newspapers from the Internet Public Library (IPL)
- Times (London)
Archival coverage 1785-1985.
- World News Collection (WNC)
Engish language summaries of international news and reports
- Zassaku Plus
Japanese newspaper index from the Meiji era to the present. Japanese language only.
- Chicago Defender – Historical (1910-1975)
- LA Times – Historical (1881-1988)
- The New York Times – from Academic One File
From 1985 – present (1 day delay). Search “The New York Times” as a publication title in advanced search, or go into “Browse Publications” and find New York Times.’Current’ means provider’s entitled coverage is based on their agreement with the NYT.
- The New York Times – from Factiva
Searchable from Factiva, from June 1, 1980 – present.
- The New York Times – Historical (1851-2013)
A searchable archive of full-text articles dating back to the first issue in 1851.
- The New York Times LexisNexis Academic
- Washington Post – Historical (1877-1995)