Newspapers and News Sources
- Accessible Archives
- Alternative Press Index
- Ethnic Newswatch
A full text database of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the ethnic, minority and native press.
- Nexis Uni (formerly LEXIS-NEXIS)
An online, full text database of current information from hundreds of newspapers, magazines, wire services, and legislation.
- Proquest ABI/INFORM
Periodicals, newsletters and publications relating to business and economics.
- Vanderbilt Television News Archive
Boston Area Newspapers
- Boston Globe
- Boston Globe (Historical Archive)
- Boston Herald (online)
The online edition of the Boston Herald.
- Wicked Local
100+ local newspapers in cities and towns in eastern Massachusetts.
- General Business File ASAP
- Wall Street Journal (Eastern Edition)
Full text coverage Jan 2, 1984 – present, through Proquest ABI/INFORM Global.
Recent health related news from a variety of wire services.
- African Newspapers – Historical (1639-1922)
- International Newspapers
Links to international newspapers from the Internet Public Library (IPL)
- Times (London)
Archival coverage 1785-1985.
- World News Collection (WNC)
Engish language summaries of international news and reports
- Zassaku Plus
Japanese newspaper index from the Meiji era to the present. Japanese language only.
- Chicago Defender – Historical (1910-1975)
- LA Times – Historical (1881-1988)
- The New York Times – from Academic One File
From 1985 – present (1 day delay). Search “The New York Times” as a publication title in advanced search, or go into “Browse Publications” and find New York Times.’Current’ means provider’s entitled coverage is based on their agreement with the NYT.
- The New York Times – from Factiva
From 1980 – present
- The New York Times – Historical (1851-2013)
A searchable archive of full-text articles dating back to the first issue in 1851.
- The New York Times – Nexis Uni
- Washington Post – Historical (1877-1995)
- Washington Post – Factiva