Allied Health Resources
- Related Subject Guides A-Z, including websites, professional associations, textbooks, and journals.
- Professional Associations
- Recommended Websites
- Government Resources
- Contact Information
The Library provides access to over 300 databases. The following may be especially helpful for allied health topics:
- CINAHL – Cumulated Index to Allied Health Literature
- Natural Medicines
- Sport Discus
- Food Data Central: USDA
Related Subject Guides A-Z
The Library maintains collections of electronic resources and quality-filtered websites by subject, with over 120 subject guides in all. Allied health related subject guides include:
- Laboratory Techniques and Procedures
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Speech, Language, Hearing Disorders & Deafness
The Alumni Medical Library provides access to over 8,000 electronic books, which are available through BU Libraries Search (limit search results to “available online” and “books/ebooks”).
A number of our electronic textbooks are found in collections, which allow users to search a number of textbooks simultaneously as well as to read an individual title. Link to these collections on the Medical Library Ebooks page.
The Library provides online access to over 7,000 journals. As with our ebooks, you can search by subject using the drop-down menu on the page, as well as searching for a specific title. If you want to search for articles within journals, you will probably want to use one of the databases listed above, which allow you to search for interesting articles in many journals at once.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly American Dietetic Association)
- American Academy of Audiology
- American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM)
- American Auditory Society
- American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- American Physiological Society
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- American Association of Anatomists – Anatomy Resources
- Anatomy Atlases
- Children’s Nutrition Research Center (CNRC)
- National Clearinghouse of Rehabilitation Training Materials
- National Rehabilitation Information Center: Disability Resources
- PEDro, Physiotherapy Evidence Database
- National Institute on Aging
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- United States Food and Drug Administration
If you have any questions about our resources, please contact the Medical Library Reference Desk at (617) 358-4810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.