Fourth Year Orientation
You will be able to exchange your numeric pager for an alpha pager during the week of Tuesday, May 27-Friday, May 30, from 8:00 am -12:00 noon each day. Please go to Operator Services, in the Yawkey Basement, Room BN 34.
Fourth Year Orientation Requirements and Pre-Orientation Requirements:
1. If you were unable to attend the lectures and EPIC training on Thursday, May 1, 2014, you must review the lectures and EPIC training, posted here:
Orientation lectures and EPIC Training, Thursday, May 1, 2014
2. You must complete the Mask Fit Training, Class of 2015, by Monday, April 21, 2014, or you will not be able to participate in the Mask Fit on April 28, 2014.
3. You must complete the Safety & Infection Control Training by Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
a. Go to BUSM RIMS
b. Click on Login, enter BU username & Kerberos password to access RIMS Training Profile
c. Scroll all the way down the page to “Safety and Infection Prevention Training”
d. View course materials, then take quiz
e. Save page confirming you passed, and send a copy to the Office of Student Affairs.
4. You must participate in the Fourth Year Orientation for TB implants/reads, Mask Fit, lectures and EPIC Training, April 28, 2014, and May 1, 2014:
Fourth Year Orientation Schedule
5. You must sign the following two forms and return to the Office of Student Affairs by Wednesday, April 30, 2014:
Medical Student Professional Responsibilities Signature Page, Class of 2015
POLICY REGARDING CRIMINAL RECORD INFORMATION
6. In addition to the annual required TB implant/read, all your clinical immunizations must be up-to-date. To check: HEALTH COMPLIANCE INSTRUCTIONS If you are not up-to-date, you must bring yourself into compliance, either through Student Health Services, or your own physician, and you must provide documentation to Student Health Services.
7. If you have taken an additional year between the Third & Fourth Years, you must complete all Orientation requirements, and in addition:
a. Your BLS training will have expired, and you must renew.
*Contact The Clinical Training Center, Dowling 1302 for BMC BLS sessions schedule, or
* Take AHA online BLS, AHA Online BLS, Part 1, then go to The Clinical Training Center for a skills evaluation (required), or
*BMC will accept the American Red Cross Professional rescuer certification — you must provide documentation.
b. You may need to re-activate your SCRUBS card – contact Perioperative Services, 85 East Concord Street, 4th Floor.
c. You may need to have your BMC computer systems permissions re-activated – contact OSA for assistance.