Fourth Year Orientation
Fourth Year Orientation
You are required to complete all Fourth Year Orientation requirements for the 2015-16 academic year. Many of these requirements can be completed on-line. The Office of Student Affairs will be monitoring reports to ensure that all of you have completed all the requirements. Failure to comply can result in your being removed from rotations.
1. Fourth Year Orientation Schedule for TB implants/reads, and Mask Fit, April 21, 2015, and April 23, 2015:
Fourth Year Orientation Schedule
The Third Year Clerkships have been informed that you will need time away from the clerkships to participate.
You will be able to exchange your numeric pager for an alpha pager on Tuesday, April 21, 2015, during the TB implant session.
Fourth Year Pre-Orientation Requirements:
2. You must complete the Mask Fit Training, Class of 2016, by Monday, April 13, 2015, or you will not be able to participate in the Mask Fit on Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
3. You must complete the Safety & Infection Control Training by Monday, April 13, 2015.
a. Go to BUSM RIMS
b. Click on Login, enter BU username & Kerberos password to access RIMS Training Profile
c. Scroll all the way down the page to “Safety and Infection Prevention Training”
d. View course materials, then take quiz
e. Save page confirming you passed, and e-mail as a .pdf attachment to Susan Norris, firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. You must agree to and submit the Medical Student Professional Responsibility/Criminal Record Disclosure form by Monday April 13, 2015.
5. In addition to the annual required TB implant/read, all your clinical immunizations must be up-to-date. To check: HEALTH COMPLIANCE INSTRUCTIONS, Class of 2016. If you are not up-to-date, you must bring yourself into compliance, either through Student Health Services, or your own physician, and then you must provide documentation to Student Health Services.
If you require any forms from outside rotations that require paperwork from Student Health Services, please complete the SHS Checklist prior to requesting SHS complete this paperwork: SHS Away Rotation Checklist
6. In lieu of a training session in EPIC, the EPIC Training Team has provided a manual for you to use:
EPIC Medical Student Clinic Guide
7. If you have taken an additional year between the Third & Fourth Years, you must complete all Orientation requirements, and in addition:
a. Your BLS training will have expired, and you must renew. Since the School will only cover 2 BLS training sessions, you will need to pay for this yourself.
*Contact The Clinical Training Center, Dowling First Floor, room 1302, for the BMC BLS sessions schedule & fee, or
* Take AHA online BLS, AHA Online BLS, Part 1, then contact The Clinical Training Center for a skills evaluation (required), or
*BMC will accept the American Red Cross Professional rescuer certification — you must provide documentation.
b. You may need to re-activate your SCRUBS card – contact Perioperative Services, 85 East Concord Street, 4th Floor.
c. You may need to have your BMC computer systems permissions re-activated – contact OSA for assistance.
8. Some of you are off-campus, and unable to attend Fourth Year Orientation. You will be able to complete several procedures on-line, and in addition:
a. You will need to contact Student Health Services to schedule the TB implant/read, or submit paperwork from your own physician, as well as to ascertain if you are up-to-date on all other immunizations.
b. You will need to do a Mask Fit. Please go to Mask Fit Scheduling to set up an individual Mask Fit.
Please contact Susan Norris at email@example.com, 617-638-4902 with questions or concerns.