Boston University Fitness and Recreational Center (FITREC)
Boston Univeristy offers a state-of-the-art Fitness and Recreation Center (FitRec), located on main campus. FitRec comes complete with a rock climbing wall, racquetball and squash courts, competition and recreational pools, (including a mini-lazy river), 7 courts of gymnasium space, multipurpose fitness rooms and 18,000 sq ft Fitness Center.
Full-time medical students are automatically granted full membership to FitRec. You must bring your Terrier Card with you for admittance.
The South End Fitness Center
Boston University School of Medicine has partnered with South End Fitness Center to offer medical students a convenient gym facility closer to campus. Students are responsible for covering 50% of the membership costs, $90, made payable by check or money order only – no cash or credit card accepted. Checks made out to “Boston University School of Medicine”. Students must visit the Office of Student Affairs, A-2, to sign-up.
Important Information about SEFC Membership:
- SEFC membership is on a fiscal-year basis, from July 1 to June 30.
- BUSM students must re-enroll annually to maintain access to the SEFC.
- Incoming students can enroll on their first day as matriculated BUSM students (in August)
- Current students can enroll starting July 1st of each year.
- All students must visit the Student Affairs Office in person to sign membership documents.
- March 1st is the deadline for medical students to request subsidized membership
- Membership is valid until June 30 regardless of the start date of SEFC membership enrollment.