DoM STARDoM May Awardee!

Join us in congratulating this month’s STARDoM Awardee, Ve Troung!! Ve Truong is a Senior Research Manager in General Internal Medicine.

Ve Truong truly is a STAR employee. Her SERVICE is consistently exceptional – from expertly managing the start-up, transition and implementation of an NIH clinical trial from one international setting (Russia) to another (Uganda) to organizing a four-day annual immersion training for 30 incoming medicine chief residents and other physicians on state-of-the-art methods to diagnose, manage, and teach about addiction medicine – she consistently delivers exceedingly high-quality work. Her approach is THOUGHTFUL and wise. She treats all colleagues and trainees with kindness. Through her ACTIONS and exemplary work, she has demonstrated her dedication to substance use research and education. Despite her full plate, she is always willing to jump in to assist on other projects. She takes ownership of each project and is able to effectively navigate and identify solutions to complex problems. She is extremely positive, proactive, efficient, reliable, on top of the details and incredibly hard-working. Given her professional ethic, she is widely regarded by her co-workers as a ROLE MODEL of excellence.”

How many years have you been at BUSM/BMC?

10 years in August 2024

Describe your role within the Department of Medicine:

I manage two research studies in Ukraine and Uganda.

What do you like best about your job?

What I like best about my job is my team and the way we work together so collaboratively. We support each other, share knowledge freely, and always step up to help one another when needed.

Favorite thing to do outside of work?

Outside of work, I like watching shows, Youtube videos, play video games and during the spring and summer, I like to play pickleball.