DoM Seeking Applicants for the Evans Junior Faculty Research Merit Award
Since the 2008-9 academic year, the Department of Medicine has made annual awards to recognize and assist outstanding junior faculty investigators through the Evans Junior Faculty Research Merit Award.
We are pleased to announce that we are now seeking applications for AY 24-25.
The award provides two years of support at up to $50,000 per year for a total amount of $100,000. The funds can be used for research-related activities such as salary, equipment, and supplies.
The selection criteria for the Evans Junior Faculty Merit Award are as follows:
- Outstanding record of scholarship and research;
- Rank of Assistant Professor or Research Assistant Professor;
- Likelihood of superior productivity and accomplishment in the future;
- Receipt of at least one successful peer-reviewed grant since joining the faculty.
Individuals who have not previously received a start-up package (i.e., funds for research supplies, equipment, or personnel) will be given preference by the review committee. We anticipate that 2-4 recipients of the award will be selected by a committee comprised of senior faculty, the Vice Chair for Research, and the Department Chair.
Eligible faculty in the Department of Medicine should provide the following materials to Ms. Vanessa Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 30, 2023:
- A one-page summary of past research accomplishments and future research goals;
- A description of institutional resources provided to the faculty member since joining the faculty;
- An updated C.V. that includes past, current, and pending grant support, honors, mentoring activities, and a brief description of any clinical or educational responsibilities.