South Asian Medical Student Association (SAMSA)
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Priya Garg, email@example.com
Group Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anvitha Sathya, email@example.com
- Aditi Mohapatra, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raisa Rauf, email@example.com
- Jeet Kothari, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sanil Gandhi, email@example.com
- Rohith Kariveda, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our vision is to expose the South Asian culture and diversity in the Boston University medical school community. We would like to showcase our students’ diverse backgrounds and how these backgrounds play a role in their study of medicine.
- The South Asian Medical Student Association (SAMSA) at Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine will serve to create a network of medical students dedicated to supporting and advocating for South Asian health initiatives. This is a local chapter of the national organization SAMSA (nationalsamsa.org).
- Develop a sense of community for medical students with common goals to address South Asian health.
- To showcase the diversity within South Asian culture to the BUMC community.
- To provide medical students with faculty of South Asian descent who will serve as mentors and guide them through their medical-school careers.