Biomedical Imaging Center
The Center for Biomedical Imaging (CBI) on the Boston University Medical Campus provides advanced biomedical imaging capabilities for Boston University investigators and beyond. The CBI houses two magnetic resonance imaging systems and one ultrasound imaging system dedicated for research use:
- 3 Tesla Philips Ingenia Elition MRI features a 70 cm bore and full digital acquisition platform that provides unrivaled imaging quality. Featuring the most up-to-date software packages, we are able to acquire data at an incredibly high rate of speed and maintain a very high quality level.
- 9.4 Tesla Bruker BioSpec MRI features a 20 cm bore, advanced cryoprobes as well as the ParaVision 360 MRI Comprehensive Workplace.
- Verasonics Vantage 256™ Ultrasound System features a highly flexible research platform with programming capability.
This allows us to combine unique expertise ranging from biomedical imaging and neurosciences to magnetic resonance physics and software engineering. These scanners are available to meet the needs of researchers throughout the greater Boston area. Kevin J. Chang, MD, FACR, FSAR, and Lee E. Goldstein MD, PhD, co-directors of the center, provide administrative oversight, and are responsible for all three of these devices.
|3T Philips MRI||$516/hour BU internal academia
$616/hour BU internal industry
$691/hour BMC or external academia
$919/hour external industry
Free operator assistance
|9.4T Bruker MRI||$304/hour BU internal academia
$354/hour BU internal industry
$433/hour BMC or external academia
$540/hour external industry
$50/hour add-on operator assistance
|Verasonics Ultrasound||$88/hour BU internal academia
$50/hour add on operator assistance
|Mock Scanner||Free access.|
|Auxiliary Services (per customer request)|
How to Schedule
Kevin J. Chang, MD, FACR, FSAR
(617) 638-6610 | KevChang@bu.edu
Lee Goldstein, MD, PhD
(617) 353-5897 (direct) | email@example.com
Ronald J. Killiany, PhD
(617) 358-8276 (direct) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ning Hua, PhD
Director of Translational Imaging
(617) 358-9605 (direct) | email@example.com
Andrew Ellison, MA
(617) 358-9603 (direct) | firstname.lastname@example.org
For information and consulting contact us by email and/or phone.
Assisted MRI Scans Hours: Monday – Friday | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Center for Biomedical Imaging (CBI)
Boston University Medical Campus
Evans Biomedical Research Center, X-Building
650 Albany St., Boston, MA 02118