Student Affairs Office
Welcome to BUSM and the Student Affairs Office (also known as OSA)! Our goal in the OSA is to support you as you progress through your years here, focusing on both your personal and professional growth. As the Dean of Students, I work with students from all years, along with the Assistant Deans and staff, to encourage you to develop areas of interest, plan your career, and find creative solutions to challenges that you may face.
The OSA holds class meetings to provide guidance for planning your year, we help connect students with mentors and advisors, with needed services such as Student Health and Behavioral Health, with administrative offices and with other resources here on the Medical Campus and within the University. In addition to helping you make the most out of your time here, we oversee the residency application process. We provide you with individualized attention and advice, and walk you through all of the steps involved in obtaining the best fit in a residency program. The OSA also takes the lead in planning many major class-wide events, including Orientations, Match Day, and Commencement.
- Guide medical students through their education at the School of Medicine;
- Facilitate an environment conducive to learning and the professional development of compassionate physicians;
- Ensure that all requirements for promotion and graduation are met, and that the standards of student performance meet the highest quality of medical education;
- Promote the development of skills for lifelong learning and respect for patients and colleagues;
- Create an overall experience at Boston University School of Medicine that alumni will reflect upon with pride and gratitude.
Angela Jackson, MD
Associate Dean for Student Affairs