The Adult Asthma Program at Boston Medical Center provides a multidisciplinary diagnostic evaluation and tailored therapeutic plan for patients with asthma and related allergic lung disease, including allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients living with asthma and allergic lung disease by providing state-of-the-art patient care.
The staff includes physicians who are double board-certified in Pulmonary Diseases (ABIM) and the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. As a result, testing/treatment for allergy to possible environmental triggers is ordered and interpreted in the clinic as part of our comprehensive care including allergy skin testing, allergy immunotherapy (allergy shots), anti-IgE therapy, and other more recently approved biologics. In addition, the team includes nurse practitioners who specialize in asthma disease management and training to provide targeted asthma education.
Our patient population is representative of our local community, with a significant representation of ethnic minorities. Our clinic cares for many high-risk patients who have more severe asthma than the population as a whole.
- Diagnosis and assessment of asthma severity
- Evaluation of asthma triggers
- Ongoing management of moderately severe and severe asthma
- Diagnosis and management of coexistent seasonal and perennial rhinitis due to allergies, nasal polyps, vasomotor rhinitis, and chronic sinusitis.
- Evaluation and treatment of other allergic lung disease
- Allergen skin testing
- Administration of specific immunotherapy (allergy shots), anti-IgE therapy (Xolair), and other recently approved biologics (e.g. Fasenra, Dupixent, Nucala)
Faculty with clinical and/or research specialty in Asthma:
David Center, MD
John Bernardo, MD
Felicia Chen, MD
Frederic Little, MD
Praveen Govender, MD
Hector Marquez, MD
George O’Connor, MD
Alexis Gallardo-Foreman, NP
To schedule a clinic visit or refer a patient, please contact us at:
725 Albany St., Suite 9B
Boston, MA 02118