GSI Research Symposium
Abstract submissions are due no later than October 11th, 2019.
The Annual GSI Research Symposium is an interdisciplinary event emphasizing research in Genetics and Genomics. Participation in the poster session and attendance at the GSI Symposium is open to all Boston area researchers with interests that emphasize these disciplines. Abstracts will be selected for oral presentation distinction and additional prizes will be awarded for the best posters in multiple categories. Participation in the oral presentations and poster prizes are open to all undergraduate students, graduate students in MA, MSc, DSc, PhD, MD, MPH and MD/PhD programs, and postdoctoral fellows.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
There will be a poster session for students, both undergraduate and graduate, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty. Participants may be from any institution and not just Boston University.
To present a poster, please fill out the online Submission Form.
- Students and postdoctoral fellows who present posters will be eligible for cash prizes. These awards will be decided by a poster review committee on the day of the symposium.
- The preferred poster size is 4ft x 4ft. If you would like to request additional space for your poster, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the symposium.
A select number of student and postdoctoral fellow abstract submissions will be chosen for featured oral presentations at the symposium. If you would like the chance to be a presenter, please indicate so on the Submission Form by selecting the appropriate response from the dropdown menu.
- In addition to recognition from the GSI, oral presentations will also be eligible for monetary prizes.
- Presentations will be 15 minutes in length. Four presenters will be chosen in total.
- The Symposium Coordinator will contact presenters to discuss their A/V needs when selected.
Genetic and Genomic Technology Fair
This year we are pleased to include various technology partners for the symposium. There will be a number of table presentations by industry partners who will be available throughout the afternoon to answer questions related to genetic and genomic research. The list of vendors will be provided as we get closer to the symposium.