GSI Research Symposium
*Stay tuned for more details*
The Annual GSI Research Symposium is an interdisciplinary event emphasizing research in Genetics and Genomics at Boston University, across both the MEDical Campus and the Charles River Campus. Participation is open to all Boston area researchers with interests that emphasize these disciplines.
- Masking: Indoor mask mandate requires that masks remain on, except when eating or drinking.
- Registration process: For Boston University attendees, a daily symptom attestation green “cleared” email must be shown before the event.
- Attendees from outside the University: For attendees from outside the university, we encourage vaccination and that they provide an acknowledgment that they are symptom-free.
10:20am – 10:30am
Welcome from Nelson Lau, GSI Director
10:30am – 12:00pm Short “Lightening” Talks for Students, Postdoctoral fellows, and Faculty.
12:00pm – 12:10pm
Opening Remarks -Dr. Karen Antman
Dean and Provost, BUSM/BUMC
12:10pm – 12:30pm
Lunch (bagged lunches will be available for pickup)
12:30pm – 1:30pm
Grant Talks from GSI
1:30pm – 2:00pm
Short Talks, Closing Remarks, and Awards
Short “Lightening” Talks Presentations for Students/Postdocs/Staff and New BU Genomics/Genetics faculty
Please note there is limited space open for these talks
A select number of abstract submissions from students, postdoctoral fellows and research staff will be chosen for short talk presentations. If you would like to be a presenter, and you are not interested in being considered for the Free RNA-seq Competition, please indicate so on the Submission Form by selecting the appropriate response from the drop down menu.
- In addition to recognition from the GSI, short talk presentations will also be eligible for an honorarium award.
- Presentations will be 7-10 minutes in length. Between 12-16 presenters will be chosen in total.
Poster Session Poster Session Postponed Due to COVID room density restrictions
There will be a poster session for students, both undergraduate and graduate, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty. Participants may be from any institution and not just Boston University. To present a poster, please fill out the online Submission Form. Students and postdoctoral fellows who present posters will be eligible for sequencing awards. These awards will be decided by a poster review committee on the day of the symposium. The preferred poster size is 4ft x 4ft. If you would like to request additional space for your poster, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the symposium.
Past GSI Research Symposiums