The Annual GSI Research Symposium is an interdisciplinary event emphasizing research in Genetics and Genomics. Participation in the poster session and attendance at the GSI Symposium is open to all Boston area researchers with interests that emphasize these disciplines. Abstracts will be selected for oral presentation distinction and additional prizes will be awarded for the best posters in multiple categories. Participation in the oral presentations and poster prizes are open to all undergraduate students, graduate students in MA, MSc, DSc, PhD, MD, MPH and MD/PhD programs, and postdoctoral fellows.
The Genome Science Institute 2019 Annual Research Symposium information is still to be decided.
Typical Event schedule
Noon-12:30 p.m. – Lunch and Networking
12:30-2:00 – Posters
2:00-4:00 – Talks
4:00-4:30 – Awards
Poster Session: Poster presentations are open to all Boston area researchers including undergraduate students, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty.
Oral Presentations: Presenters will be invited from abstracts submitted by undergraduate and graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows.
Awards: Prizes will be given for top student and postdoctoral posters and presentations.
Genetics and Genomics Graduate Studies at BU: Representatives from BU graduate programs that provide training in Genetics and Genomics will be available.
Vendor Tables: Representatives from companies providing Genetics and Genomics related products and services will present their latest technology.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
There will be a poster session for students, both undergraduate and graduate, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty. Participants may be from any institution and not just Boston University. To present a poster, please fill out the online Submission Form.
- Students and postdoctoral fellows who present posters will be eligible for cash prizes. These awards will be decided by a poster review committee on the day of the symposium.
- The preferred poster size is 4ft x 4ft. If you would like to request additional space for your poster, please email the Symposium Coordinator at least two weeks prior to the symposium.
A select number of student and postdoctoral fellow abstract submissions will be chosen for featured oral presentations at the symposium. If you would like the chance to be a presenter, please indicate so on the Submission Form by selecting the appropriate response from the dropdown menu.
- In addition to recognition from the GSI, oral presentations will also be eligible for monetary prizes.
- Presentations will be 15 minutes in length. Four presenters will be chosen in total.
- The Symposium Coordinator will contact presenters to discuss their A/V needs when selected.
Genetic and Genomic Technology Fair
This year we are pleased to include various technology partners for the symposium. There will be a number of table presentations by industry partners who will be available throughout the afternoon to answer questions related to genetic and genomic research. The list of vendors will be provided as we get closer to the symposium.