Disability Advocacy Team
- Dr. Karen Symes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jodi Wenger, email@example.com
Group Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Lo, email@example.com
- Nakul Vyas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Noelle Wojciechowski, email@example.com
- Kristen Sun, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Beth Amrine, email@example.com
Disability is incredibly common: most people will, at some point in their life, have a functional limitation, and many patients whom physicians serve will have a disability.
The Disability Advocacy Team (DAT)’s mission is to advance the diversity, equity, and inclusivity of the current and prospective BUSM community by amplifying the experiences of people with disabilities and/or chronic conditions. To accomplish this, the DAT will engage in advocacy, curriculum change (such as in the form of a Vertical Integration Group), and community education. Through these actions, we hope to create a culture that recognizes disability as an essential part of identity and in which people of all abilities can thrive.