Katelyn Bird, MD, Named June’s Distinguished Faculty of the Month 

Head and shoulders shot of Katelyn BirdThe Faculty Affairs Office is pleased to announce that Katelyn Bird, MD, assistant professor of neurology, has been named Distinguished Faculty of the Month for June. 

A member of our community since June 2015, Bird received her MD from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed an internship in internal medicine, residency in neurology, and fellowship in movement disorders at Boston Medical Center. She was neurology chief resident from 2018-19.  She joined the faculty in September 2020.

Her nominators say Katelyn “has been passionate about teaching since her residency at BMC and she continues to be a devoted teacher as a faculty member.”

Katelyn’s students say she “is an amazing instructor who is fun to be around yet continually challenges us and drops knowledge like no one’s business.”

“Working with Dr. Bird was a highlight of my neurology rotation. She gave me autonomy with patients and I was also able to observe her counseling patients – a hard balance to strike! After my day working with her, I felt like I had improved my history taking, physical exam skills, and note writing. Rarely do I get to work on all three of these things in one day.”

“Dr. Bird is clearly loved by her patients and staff!”

Congratulations!

Graphic image of red and white badge for distinguished faculty from Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine