Accommodations for Learning
Students who wish to request accommodations for learning at BUSM can do so through Disability & Access Services. Please review the process, below.
Overview of the Process
- The student schedules an initial meeting with the Academic Enhancement Office (AEO) to discuss learning accommodation needs, and ensure that proper testing documentation has been completed.
- The student will submit the appropriate documentation to Disability & Access Services on the Charles River Campus.
- The Director of Disability & Access Services will review the student’s documentation and send recommended accommodations to the Dean of BUSM for review and approval.
- The Dean’s Office will send a letter of approval to Disability & Access Services and the Academic Enhancement Office, and the student.
- The Academic Enhancement Office will notify Course & Clerkship Coordinators and Directors of all approved accommodations for students.
- Students are encouraged to initiate ongoing communication with their Course and Clerkship Coordinators and Directors regarding the logistics of their approved accommodations.
- Students are responsible for monitoring their needs as they progress through the curriculum, and communicating with the Course Coordinators and Directors and/or Clerkship Coordinators and Directors, as well as the Academic Enhancement Office.
To get started schedule an appointment with Dean Paige Curran (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to working with you!