Jeff Wayne, MD
Class year: 1992
Specialty: Surgical Oncology
Current practice: Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Fond memory of BUSM: Graduation at Nickerson Field. It was a great day to celebrate the end of my formal education and to look forward to beginning my career.
Favorite professor or course at BUSM: Vascular Surgery Sub-internship with Dr. Menzoian. His dedication to teaching and his patients are something I have tried to match in my practice. I felt very well prepared to start my residency after rotating on his service.
Most recent accomplishment: Elected Chief of Staff at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and named Chief of Surgical Oncology at Northwestern University.
Hobbies outside of work: Skiing and golf.
Academic appointments: Professor of Surgery and Dermatology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
Recent publications (2016):
1) Pelster MW, Wayne JD, and Yoo S. Outcomes of Patients with Multiple Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinomas. JAMA Oncology, 2016;2(1):130-1.
2) Kinnier CV, Paruch JL, Dahlke AR, Wayne JD, Benson AB, Winchester DP, Bilimora KY. Adjusted hospital senrinel lymph node positivity rates in melanoma: a novel potential measure of quality. Annals of Surgery, 2016 Feb; 263(2):392-8.
3) Jakub JW, Terando AM, Sarnaik A, Ariyan CE, Faries MB, Zani S Jr, Neuman HB, Wasif N, Farma JM, Averbook BJ, Bilimoria KY, Grotz TE, Allred JB, Suman VJ, Brady MS, Tyler D, Wayne JD, Nelson H. Safety and Feasibility of Minimally Invasive Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection in Patients With Melanoma (SAFE-MILND): Report of a Prospective Multi-institutional Trial. Ann Surg. 2016 Feb 25. [Epub ahead of print]
4) Kane JR, Lewis N, Lin R, Villa C, Larson A, Wayne JD, Yeldandi AV, Laskin WB. Plexiform fibromyxoma with cotyledon-like serosal growth: A case report of a rare gastric tumor and review of the literature. Oncol Lett. 2016 Mar;11(3):2189-2194. Epub 2016 Feb 4.
5) Minami CA, Wayne JD, Yang AD, Martini MC, Gerami P, Chandra S, Kuzel TM, Winchester DP, Palis BE, and Bilimoria KY. National Evaluation of Hospital Performance on the New Commission on Cancer Melanoma Quality Measures. Ann Surg Oncol (2016) 23: 3548-3557.
6) von Mehren Randall RL, M, Benjamin RS, Boles S, Bui MM, Conrad EU 3rd, Ganjoo KN, George S, Gonzalez RJ, Heslin MJ, Kane JM 3rd, Koon H, Mayerson J, McCarter M, McGarry SV, Meyer C, O’Donnell RJ, Pappo AS, Paz IB, Petersen IA, Pfeifer JD, Riedel RF, Schuetze S, Schupak KD, Schwartz HS, Tapp WD, Wayne JD, Bergman MA, Scavone J. Soft Tissue
Sarcoma, Version 2.2016, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2016;14(6):758-86.
7) Robinson JK, Wayne JD, Martini MC, Hultgren BA, Mallett KA and Turrisi R. Early detection of new melanoma by patients with partners using a structured skin self-examination skills training intervention – a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Dermatol. 2016 Sept 1; 152(9): 979-985.
8) Engelhardt KE, Wayne JD, and Bilimoria KY. Should we abandon TNM staging in favor of gene profiles in node-positive melanoma? Ann Surg Oncol. Epub ahead of print 16 September 2916.