Appointments to the faculty of Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine must comply with the University policy with respect to equal employment opportunity. The policy is stated broadly, leaving actual recruitment strategies to the individual departments and sections and leading to a decentralized implementation within the University.
University guidance exists to assist the process. The Boston University Affirmative Action Plan is updated annually, and includes reports that monitor the University’s compliance with federal law
The guidelines for departmental faculty recruitment are as follows:
- Require diverse search and interview committees
- Formulate a departmental recruitment plan
- Articulate it as a written policy
- Use it to cast a wide net, avoiding repetitive hiring practices
The following forms are required for Affirmative Action approval of each faculty candidate.
1. BUSM Announcement of Intention to Recruit Faculty Position
2. Boston University Affirmative Action Report Form A (Page 1)
3. Boston University Affirmative Action Report Form B (Page 2)
These documents should be completed and submitted online through AdAPT (https://adapt.bumc.bu.edu/).
Last update: October 28, 2022