Emergency Radiology – Trauma Imaging
Research related to Emergency Radiology and Trauma Imaging has long been a focus of the Department of Radiology at Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and Boston Medical Center (BMC). Boston Medical Center, with expertise in both adult and pediatric trauma, is the largest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. In addition, with greater than 2,000 trauma admissions per year, it is one of the busiest trauma centers in the City of Boston. Research in our department, in close collaboration with our clinical colleagues, encompasses a wide range of areas, from abdominal to brain imaging, and beyond. Research crosses modalities (ultrasound, CT, and MRI) and explores a range of inquiry into these fields.
- Baghdanian AH, Baghdanian AA, Armetta A, Krastev M, Dechert T, Burke P, LeBedis CA, Anderson SW, Soto JA. Effect of an Institutional Triaging Algorithm on the Use of Multidetector CT for Patients with Blunt Abdominopelvic Trauma over an 8-year Period. Radiology. 2017;282(1):84-91.
- Bates DD, Wasserman M, Malek A, Gorantla V, Anderson SW, Soto JA, LeBedis CA. Multidetector CT of Surgically Proven Blunt Bowel and Mesenteric Injury. Radiographics. 2017;37(2):613-625.
- Baghdanian AH, Baghdanian AA, Armetta A, Babayan RK, LeBedis CA, Soto JA, Anderson SW. Utility of MDCT findings in predicting patient management outcomes in renal trauma. Emerg Radiol. 2016 Dec 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Colip CG, Gorantla V, LeBedis CA, Soto JA, Anderson SW. Extremity CTA for penetrating trauma: 10-year experience using a 64-detector row CT scanner. Emerg Radiol. 2016 Nov 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ramalingam V, Bates DD, Buch K, Uyeda J, Zhao KM, Storer LA, Roberts MB, Lebedis CA, Soto JA, Anderson SW. Diagnosing acute appendicitis using a nonoral contrast CT protocol in patients with a BMI of less than 25. Emerg Radiol. 2016;23(5):455-462.
- Baghdanian AA, Baghdanian AH, Khalid M, Armetta A, LeBedis CA, Anderson SW, Soto JA. Damage control surgery: use of diagnostic CT after life-saving laparotomy. Emerg Radiol. 2016 Oct;23(5):483-95.
- Thayil N, Chapman MN, Saito N, Fujita A, Sakai O. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Acute Head and Neck Infections. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2016;24(2):345-367
- Buch K, Mottalib A, Nadgir RN, Fujita A, Sekiya K, Ozonoff A, Sakai O. Unifocal versus multifocal mandibular fractures and injury location. Emerg Radiol. 2016;23(2):161-167.
- Singh AK, Buch K, Sung E, Abujudeh H, Sakai O, Aaron S, Lev M. Head and neck injuries from the Boston Marathon bombing at four hospitals. Emerg Radiol. 2015;22(5):527-532.
- Bates DD, Tkacz JN, LeBedis CA, Holalkere N. Suboptimal CT pulmonary angiography in the emergency department: a retrospective analysis of outcomes in a large academic medical center. Emerg Radiol. 2016;23(6):603-607.
- Gale HI, Setty BN, Sprinz PG, Doros G, Williams DD, Morrison TC, Kalajian TA, Tu P, Mundluru SN, Mehta MN, Castro-Aragon I. Implications of radiologic-pathologic correlation for gallbladder disease in children and young adults with sickle cell disease. Emerg Radiol. 2015;22(5):543-551.