Arjun Guha, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicin
Undergraduate: Wabash College BA (Biology)
PhD Program: National Center for Biological Sciences, TIFR, India
Post-doctoral Fellowships/Training: Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco
Pulmonary Center, Boston University Medical School
- Cell fate specification and cellular plasticity in lung development and repair
- Non-classical stem cell hierarchies
- Pulmonary neuroepithelial cells and their microenvironment
- Notch signaling
- Guha, A; Sriram V; Krishnan KS; Mayor, S. Shibire mutations reveal distinct dynamin independent and -dependent endocytic pathways in primary cultures of Drosophila hemocytes. J Cell Sci. 2003 Aug 15; 116 (Pt 16):3373-86.
- Guha A; Kornberg, TB. Tracheal branch repopulation precedes induction of the Drosophila dorsal air sac primordium. Dev Biol. 2005 Nov 1; 287(1): 192-200.
- Kornberg TB; Guha, A. Understanding morphogen gradients: a problem of dispersion and containment. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2007 Aug; 17(4): 264-71.
- Guha, A; Lin, L; Kornberg, TB. Organ renewal in Drosophila by differentiated cells that restart a mitotic program. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., USA 2008 Aug 5; 105(31): 10832-6.
- Guha, A; Lin, L; Kornberg, TB. Regulation of Drosophila matrix metalloprotease Mmp2 is essential for wing imaginal disc:trachea association and air sac tubulogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009 Nov 15;335(2):317-26
- Guha, A;Vasconcelos, M; Cai, Y;Yoneda, M;Hinds, A;Qian, J; Li G;Johnson, J;Kimura, S; Guo, J;McMahon, J; McMahon, A; Cardoso, W (2012) Neuroepithelial body microenvironment is a niche for a distinct subset of Clara-like precursors in the developing airways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109(31):12592-12597
- Guha A; Vasconcelos, M; Zhao, R; Gower, A; Qian, J; Li, G; Hinds, A; Rajagopal, J; Cardoso, W. Notch signaling-dependent gene expression in the developing airways provides evidence for diversification of Clara precursors. Manuscript in revision