The Adult Asthma Program at Boston Medical Center provides a multidisciplinary diagnostic evaluation and tailored therapeutic plan for patients with asthma and related allergic lung disease, including allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients living with asthma and allergic lung disease by providing state-of-the-art patient care.
The staff includes physicians who are double board-certified in Pulmonary Diseases (ABIM) and the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. In addition, the team includes nurse practitioners who specialize in asthma disease management and training to provide asthma education, perform allergy skin testing and administer allergy immunotherapy, anti-IgE therapy, and other biologics.
Our patient population is representative of our local community, and is comprised of approximately 55% ethnic minorities. Our clinic cares for many high-risk patients who have more severe asthma than the population as a whole.
- Diagnosis and assessment of asthma severity
- Evaluation of asthma triggers
- Ongoing management of moderately severe and severe asthma
- Diagnosis and management of coexistent seasonal and perennial rhinitis due to allergies, nasal polyps, vasomotor rhinitis, and chronic sinusitis.
- Evaluation and treatment of other allergic lung disease
- Allergen skin testing
- Administration of specific immunothrerapy, anti-IgE therapy (Xolair), and biologics
Faculty with clinical and/or research specialty in Asthma:
David M. Center, MD
John Bernardo, MD
Felicia Chen, MD
Helen Hollingsworth, MD
Frederic F. Little, MD
Hector Marquez, MD
George O’Connor, MD
Tanvi Patel, MD
Jussi Saukkonen, MD
To schedule a clinic visit, refer a patient, or speak with one of our physicians, please contact us at:
Doctors Office Building
720 Harrison Avenue, 4th Floor, Suite 402
Boston, MA 02118