The Medical Library e-books list collects a subset of Boston University electronic books of particular relevance to medical and health topics. The list is searchable by book title, author and subject.
Also see our list of popular electronic book packages, below, to search for specific information in a number of books at once.
Medical Library E-Book Packages
- AccessMedicine (McGraw-Hill, AccessLange)
- AccessNeurology (McGraw-Hill)
- AccessPharmacy (McGraw-Hill)
- AccessSurgery (McGraw-Hill, AccessLange)
- BMJ Best Practice
- Clerkship/Clinical Rotations Health Library (OVID LWW)
- Textbooks, includes Board Review Series (BRS)
- Self Assessment (free Personal Account required)
- Case Files Collection (McGraw-Hill)
- Complete Anatomy (3D4Medical)
- Essential Evidence Plus & AHFS DI Essentials (limited concurrent users)
- Harrison’s Online
- Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine
- Medical Education Health Library (OVID LWW)
- Oxford Scholarship Online
- Pharmacology World
- Primary Care Ebook Library (McGraw-Hill, Clinical Medicine)
- ProQuest EbookCentral
- Scientific American Medicine (Decker Medicine) (limited concurrent users)
- Scientific American Surgery (limited concurrent users)
- STAT!Ref (limited concurrent users)
- Thieme MedOne Education provides features to download high-resolution images for re-use in teaching materials, an App for mobile devices, video, audio, and multi-media content, html formats, and DRM-free pdf formats of each chapter. Includes an interactive Q&A bank that will grow as new textbooks are released. This also includes USMLE Step 1, 2 & 3 test-prep titles.
- UpToDate Online (accessible on the Medical Campus only unless using the mobile app)
Access main UpToDate site while on campus and register for an account (‘Register’ in upper right). Then install UpToDate mobile app and sign in with your account to use off campus.
- USMLE and other study guide resources
To find e-books on a particular topic in the BU Libraries System, click to search for specific terms, then under “Filter My Results” in the right-hand column check the boxes for “Available Online” and “Books / Ebooks”.
Note: all the books available in the Medical and Charles River packages linked above can be found through BU Libraries Search. The links merely provide quick access to some frequently-used collections.