DOM IT Usage Policies
- Maximum free storage per DOM PI is 250 GB
- Charge structure for additional data storage: $3/GB/y for DOM members and $9/GB/y for others.
- BU offers 250 GB free storage for faculty and staff with charges assessed for additional space. For further information contact BU IT. The following caveats apply:
- The data are not backed up. In the event of server failure, data will be lost.
- Analysis of data stored in the system requires data download to an accessible drive.
- Dropbox offers 50 GB of free storage with additional storage available for $99/TB/y.
- FISMA, ITAR and HIPAA compliant storage is available to DOM members for $3,000/yr/10 users.
- After one year of non-access, data will be moved to slow-access Cloud storage. Access to this system is through the same portal but slower.
- Criteria to discard unused data:
- Upon departure of faculty member
- Upon request
- After 5 yr : data that has not been accessed will cost $1.50/GB/yr.
- After no response to queries for six months.
See also “Accessing DOM Central Computing Resources” website for further information.