Your gift to the School of Medicine Annual Fund supports student financial assistance, improvements to the Alumni Medical Library, student activities and publications, upgraded teaching facilities, renovated classroom and study space, and annual priorities set by the Dean.
The student residence, an important priority at the School of Medicine, will be the centerpiece of student life on campus when completed in the next few years. Alumni Association Phonathons are held throughout the year where alumni and student volunteers reach out to alumni asking for contributions to the medical school. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
Make a gift to the Annual Fund:
Click here to make a contribution on-line or send a check payable to BUSM Alumni Association. You may also charge a gift to Discover, VISA or MasterCard. We also welcome pledges to be paid by June 30th.
- Global Health Luncheon Lectures
- Annual Cultural and Diversity Show
- Business in Medicine Seminars
- Stethoscopes for Students Program ($150 per stethoscope) where name, class year, address and specialty are inserted into the case for first-year students
- Bagels and coffee on major exam days
- Social activities such as Skit Night, Kick Back Kafé, Match Day, Admissions Open House
- MyBUSM student website
- Online Directory and Community, Alumni Website and Facebook
- Host-A-Student Program
- Shadowing Medical Students Program
- Regional and Affinity-based Events
- Young Alumni Focus Groups
- Upgrading the library with comfortable furniture; adding electrical outlets for computers and a study lounge where food and drink are permitted
- Renovating classrooms for smaller, interactive lectures
- Renovating study space, creating study group environments
Upcoming Projects Include:
- Long-term planning for an Academic Center with state-of-the art classrooms, auditoria and laboratories
Special Gift Clubs
Special Gift Clubs recognize those who have made a leadership commitment to the School of Medicine.
Club levels are:
Dean’s Executive Club ($25,000+)
Dean’s Inner Circle ($10,000 to $24,999)
Dean’s Council ($5,000 to $9,999)
Membership ($1,500 to $4,999)
Membership ($1,000 to $1,499)
Patron ($500 to $999)
Membership ($250 to $499)
Young Physician’s Club
Membership Graduates of less than 5 years ($100 to $249)
Honorary and Memorial Contributions
The Alumni Association welcomes honorary and memorial contributions. This is an excellent way to pay tribute to a respected professor, an admired colleague or a cherished classmate or family member while making a contribution to advance medical education at Boston University School of Medicine. Honorary and memorial contributions are credited through the Annual Fund in the usual way, qualifying either the donor or the honoree for membership in the appropriate Special Gift Club. Some alumni and friends have chosen to carry their tribute a step further by creating a named fund. In general, a minimum of $50,000 is required to establish a named fund. Certain funds, such as endowed scholarship funds or professorships, have larger minimum requirements to fulfill larger needs.
Your employer may match your charitable contributions. Complete and forward your company’s Matching Gift Form to the Alumni Association with your gift.
Ways of Giving
Outright gift of cash
Outright gift of appreciated securities
Charitable Gift Annuity
Charitable Remainder Trust Life Insurance
Charitable Lead Trust Bequest or
Estate Gift Endowed Fund
If you would like information on any of these ways of giving to Boston University School of Medicine, please contact:
Jean E. Ramsey, MD, MPH ’90, Associate Dean for Alumni Affairs
BUSM Alumni Association
72 E. Concord Street, L-120
Boston, MA 02118