The Next Generation Sequencing Mini-Symposium held on Thursday, November 29, 2012 was...
2012 Research Symposium
The Annual GSI Research Symposium is an interdisciplinary symposium emphasizing research in Genetics and Genomics. Participation in the poster session and attendance at the GSI Symposium is open to all Boston area researchers with interests that emphasize these disciplines. Abstracts will be selected for oral presentation distinction and additional prizes will be awarded for the best posters in multiple categories. Participation in the oral presentations and poster prizes are open to all undergraduate students, graduate students in MA, MSc, DSc, PhD, MD, MPH and MD/PhD programs, and postdoctoral fellows.
There will be three categories for participants. To apply for any category, please fill out the online Submission Form.
To download a copy of the flier to post around your campus, click here.
There will be a poster session for students, both undergraduate and graduate, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty. Participants may be from any institution and not just Boston University. To present a poster, please fill out the online Submission Form.
- Students and postdoctoral fellows who present posters will be eligible for cash prizes. These awards will be decided by a poster review committee on the day of the symposium.
- The preferred poster size is 4ft x 4ft. If you would like to request additional space for your poster, please email the Symposium Coordinator at least two weeks prior to the symposium.
A select number of student and postdoctoral fellow abstract submissions will be chosen for featured oral presentations at the symposium. If you would like the chance to be a presenter, please indicate so on the Submission Form by selecting the appropriate response from the dropdown menu.
- In addition to recognition from the GSI, oral presentations will also be eligible for monetary prizes.
- Presentations will be 15 minutes in length. Six presenters will be chosen in total.
- The Symposium Coordinator will contact presenters to discuss their A/V needs when selected.
Genetic and Genomic Technology Fair
Following the success of our vendor fair last year we are pleased to include various technology partners for the symposium. In the morning there will be a number of presentations by industry partners who will then be available throughout the day to answer questions related to genetic and genomic research. The list of vendors contains finalized participants and more may be added as we get closer to the symposium.
- Jackson Lab
- Thermo Genomics
Although presentation slots are limited, other potential partners may contact the Symposium Coordinator to learn more about available opportunities to help support the Symposium or other GSI initiatives at Boston University.
This event will be broken into three parts: the technology fair, the poster session and the oral presentations. A complete schedule can be found at Symposium Schedule.