Tania J. Phillips, MD
Professor, Department of Dermatology
Boston University School of Medicine
Director, Dermatology Wound Clinic
To Schedule An Appointment: 617-638-7420
Shapiro Ambulatory Care Center
725 Albany Street, Suite 8B, Boston, MA 02118
|1976||BSc (hons)||Univeristy of London|
|1979||MB,BS, MRCS, LRCP||Guys Hospital Medical School, University of London|
|1983||MRCP||Member, Royal College of Physicians (internal Medicine), Brompton London Chest and Royal London Hospitals|
|1984||Dermatology Registrar||Royal London Hospital|
|1986||Research Fellowship||Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine|
|1989||FRCPC||Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada|
|2006||FRCP||Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (UK)|
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
- General Dermatology
- Wound Healing
- Pharmacology of Wound Care Therapeutics
Dr. Phillips is an international expert in wound healing, particularly in the use of cultured skin and skin substitutes, skin aging and general dermatology. She has won numerous awards and prizes including the Venous Research Award of the American Venous Forum and the Young Investigator Award of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. She has lectured as numerous national and international meetings and is on the editorial board of the journals Wounds and Dermatologic Surgery. She serves as a consultant to the FDA General and Plastic Surgery Devices Advisory Committee. She is a member of the Planning Committee for the Symposium of Advanced Wound Care. She is a past member of the Board of Directors of the Women’s Dermatologic Society and the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care. Dr. Phillips has co-authored three books and over 250 scientific publications.
- Phillips TJ, Dover JS. Recent Advances in Dermatology. New England J Med., 236:167-178, 1992.
- Phillips T, Kehinde O, Green H, Gilchrest BA. Treatment of skin ulcers with cultured epidermal allografts. J Amer Acad Dermatol 1989; 20:191-203.
- Phillips TJ, Bhawan J, Leigh IM, Baum HJ, Gilchrest BA. Cultured epidermal autografts and allografts: A study of differentiation and allograft survival. J Amer Acad Dermatol 1990; 23:189-98.
- Phillips TJ, Stanton B, Provan A, Lew R. A study of the financial, social and psychological impact of leg ulcers on quality of life: implications. J Amer Acad Dermatol 1994;7:94-100.
- Stanley AC, Park HY, Phillips TJ, et al: Reduced growth of dermal fibroblasts from chronic venous ulcers can be stimulated with growth factors. J Vasc Surgery 1997,26;6:994-1001.
- Phillips TJ, Al Amoudi H, Laverkus M, Park HY: Inhibitory effect on the growth of Dermal fibroblasts in chronic wound fluid. J Wound Care 1998;11:7;10. (First Prize Winner).
- Phillips TJ, Bhawan J, Yaar M, Bello YM, LoPiccolo D, Nash JF. Effect of Daily versus intermittent sunscreen application on solar simulated ultraviolet (UV) radiation-induced skin response in humans. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000;43:610-8.
- Phillips TJ, Symons J, Menon S Does Hormone Therapy Improve Age Related Skin Changes in Postmenopausal Women? J. Am Acad. Dermatol 2008 ;59; 397-404.