Carl Zeiss LSM 710 NLO Microscope System
The Carl Zeiss LSM 710 NLO microscope system equipped with 6 visible laser lines (458nm, 488nm, 514nm, 561nm, 594nm, 633nm), a 405nm solid state laser as well as a tunable femtosecond IR pulse laser for multiphoton excitation (Coherent Chameleon Vision–S).
In addition to two descanned internal detectors and a spectral detector which enables lambda scanning and linear unmixing of fluorescent probes, the system has two highly sensitive gallium arsenide non-descanned detectors for collection of emitted light from two-photon experiments. The laser scanning system is coupled to an upright microscope with a motorized stage and is complete with a variety of objective lenses (10X, 20X, 40X, 63X).
Applications of the system include:
- Optical sectioning of fluorescent tissue using confocal or multiphoton imaging
- Time-lapse imaging of living tissue or cell culture
- Tile scanning and stitching of composite images
- 3D reconstruction of biological tissue/cells
- In vivo time-lapse imaging
- FRAP, FRET, Bleaching
Location and Availability
BUSM – Instructional Building L-816
BU User Rates
External User Rates
Tarik F. Haydar, PhD
Office: (617) 638-4249