Boston Magazine has released its annual Top Docs issue. Sixty-two BUSM faculty and...
BUSM is affiliated with 26 hospitals, providing students with diverse clinical environments in which to learn.
Three clinical sites are on the Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC):
- Boston Medical Center (BMC), Boston, Mass. A private, not-for-profit, 496-bed academic medical center located on the Boston University Medical Campus, BMC is the primary teaching affiliate for BUSM. The largest safety net hospital in New England, BMC provides a full spectrum of pediatric and adult care services, from primary care and family medicine to advanced specialty care. BMC is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England.
- Boston Healthcare for the Homeless, Boston, Mass., provides integrated medical, behavioral and oral health care, as well as preventive services, to more than 11,000 homeless people. Services are delivered in clinics, shelters and a 104-bed medical respite unit. BUSM is an education partner.
- Solomon Carter Fuller Mental Health Center, Boston, Mass., is a 32-bed public psychiatric mental health hospital serving the adult population of Boston. It specializes in drug and alcohol addiction issues as well as providing other psychiatric services.
Other major affiliations include:
- Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System (VABHCS), West Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, and Brockton, Mass. The VA Boston Health Care System is the major tertiary care center for New England veterans. VABHCS hosts a number of clinical and research centers of excellence, deploys advanced technologies, and provides primary care to patients from southern New Hampshire and a large segment of eastern Massachusetts.
- Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, Bedford, Mass., is a long-term care facility specializing in geriatric and psychiatric care. Comprehensive health services for veterans include mental health, medicine, psychiatry, physical medicine, dentistry, geriatrics, and ambulatory care.
- Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence, R.I., is a community-owned and -governed health care organization that provides advanced specialty care. Established in 1878 as the Homeopathic Hospital of Rhode Island, Roger Williams Medical Center provides advanced diagnostic services, specialized surgery, and medical care in their inpatient and outpatient settings.
- MetroWest Medical Center, Framingham Union Hospital, Framingham, Mass., is a 269-bed regional health care system. Comprehensive services include a 24-hour emergency department, advanced cardiac care, high technology cancer care capabilities, surgical services including minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques, maternity services and behavioral medicine programs.
- Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, Mass., is a 213-licensed bed teaching facility providing comprehensive inpatient services in all medical specialties. Mount Auburn Hospital is a member of the American Hospital Association, the Council of Teaching Hospitals, and the Association of Medical Colleges.