Doctors urged to use “privilege and power” in best possible way ...
BUSM is affiliated with 25 hospitals, providing students with diverse clinical environments in which to learn. Major affiliates include:
- Boston Medical Center (BMC), Boston, MA. A private, not-for-profit, 508-licensed bed academic medical center located on the Boston University Medical Campus, BMC is the primary teaching affiliate for BUSM. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is the largest safety net hospital and largest 24-hour Level 1 trauma center in New England.
- Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System (VABHCS), West Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, and Brockton, MA. The VA Boston Health Care System is the major tertiary care center for New England veterans. VABHCS hosts a number of clinical and research centers of excellence, deploys advanced technologies, and provides primary care to patients from southern New Hampshire and a large segment of eastern Massachusetts.
- Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, Bedford, MA, is a long-term care facility specializing in geriatric and psychiatric care. Comprehensive health services for veterans include mental health, medicine, psychiatry, physical medicine, dentistry, geriatrics, and ambulatory care.
- Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence, RI, is a community-owned and -governed health care organization that provides advanced specialty care. Established in 1878 as the Homeopathic Hospital of Rhode Island, Roger Williams Medical Center provides advanced diagnostic services, specialized surgery, and medical care in their inpatient and outpatient settings.
- MetroWest Medical Center, Framingham Union Hospital, Framingham, MA, is a 269-bed regional health care system with over 400 physicians. Comprehensive services include a 24-hour emergency department, advanced cardiac care, high technology cancer care capabilities, surgical services including minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques, maternity services and behavioral medicine programs.
- Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA, is a 213-licensed bed teaching facility providing comprehensive inpatient services in all medical specialties. Mount Auburn Hospital is a member of the American Hospital Association, the Council of Teaching Hospitals, and the Association of Medical Colleges.